Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tag Swaps

After scanning in my tags, I realized that apparently they are too dimensional-ly and don't scan well. Just pretend they aren't so blurry- I promise they are adorable in person!

July- I got the rhinestone tattoos in the $1 section at Target along with the button too. I got that star ribbon a long time ago and it worked perfectly for this project!

August- I can't explain it but August makes me think of pink and green, like watermelons. I don't even like watermelons! But I went with it and used the colors on the tag. I was so excited to use the pink and white flowers that I got a few months ago at Hobby Lobby. The phrase on the side is "Sweet Summer- Aug 09."September- I know that as a Chandler employee school actually starts in July. And I know that in all of Arizona, and most of the US all students are back in school by August. But, I don't like it! I don't like it one bit! So I rebelled and did my back to school tag in September, the way it should be! I had to freehand my apple because there wasn't a die cut with it small enough. Not too happy with how it turned out- but, oh well.
And, those will be my last tags because of similar reasons to me taking a break from swaps. It was fun while it lasted!

9 comments:

  1. These tags are very cute! It's weird that schools have been starting in august. September is the school starting month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these tags are quiet lovely,love glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags and blog is so pretty- I'm jealous! Keep up the grat work- maybe I'll get you in a swap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tags are great. You really have a creative eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tags are beautiful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tags i love them! as a teacher school starting in August is just wrong. Sept is the month to start! Lovely blog and love the craftyness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These tags are so cool!! I love them.

    Thanks for stopping by and all your wonderful comments. Just wanted to pop over and check out your crafty world and I love it. What a fun blog. I'm off to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful tags - I love apples in design! Pink and green make me think of August as well. I even had a watermelon-themed birthday party in August as a kid.

    Thanks for giving me the chance read your blog!
    Natalie (nicesnow)

    ReplyDelete