Thursday, March 19, 2009

Colette's Birthday Gift

So remember that late niter I went to last month? Well, here is what I made!

It's an advent calendar for my friend Colette. Basically, she could use it for any sort of special day- anniversary, birthday, a holiday, summer, spring break, you get the picture. It's made from a square shaped muffin tin. (She actually bought it at Target last fall for a Christmas advent calendar, but then decided to use something else, so she left it with me. I decided to decorate it and give it back to her!) So behind each number there's space for candy or a note or something small.

You can see from this picture the size of the tins. The little covers are magnetic so they can easily be removed. I think it turned out great and I know she will love it!

Her birthday is actually the 16th, but I won't be in CA until today to give her her gift. Happy birthday, Colette!

2 comments:

  1. That turned out SO cute! And I love the little album, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a cool idea! I love it! Makes me wonder if I could make something like that and what I would put in it. :)

    ReplyDelete