Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wreath

When Jason and I first moved to Arizona, the lady I visit taught had the most wonderful wreath for her door made all of ribbons. I loved it! I told myself, that some day I would make myself a wreath like that. From looking at hers, I could tell that it took a TON of ribbon and would be no affordable project to create it. So I just put it on my shelf or projects "to come." Then my friend Taina showed me this valentine garland she bought from Etsy. It had fabric, ribbon and toole on it. I totally loved it and it renewed my commitment to make my own wreath. So I took ideas from both the garland and ribbon wreath and made this!

I picked a focus print, which you can't really see well in the wreath, but it's black background with a whole lot of colored flowers on it. Then I bought a few other mono-color prints to go with it and some toole. All of the ribbon, I already had. Oh, and I bought the wire frame in Utah over Spring Break. Here's what it looks like on my front door.
(Please don't look closely at my dusty door- it's been really windy lately and I have issues with doing outside chores.) After finishing it up, here's what I've learned about this project. It doesn't take as much fabric as I thought it would. Also, I would stick to only a few colors in a focus print. I think mine is a bit too busy. Taina's valentine garland is all red, white and pinks, so I would stick with an easy pair or trio like that. Maybe I'll make some different holiday ones- however, I do already have holiday door hangers for the year....so we'll see. Overall, though, I'm pretty darn happy with how it looks!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that's really cute. Hmmm. I know where you live. Don't be surprised if it disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea its very pretty,one for Christmas would be good too,.love Glenda

    ReplyDelete